From 1 April 2016 South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) will be providing the Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service (NEPTS) for all patients registered with a GP in a Berkshire, Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) area, under a single Thames Valley contract.
NEPTS provides transport for patients who have a medical reason that means they are not able to travel for treatment by another method. It includes the following journeys:
- To a planned outpatient appointment
- To hospital for a planned admission
- Home from hospital following your discharge
- To and from renal dialysis appointments
- Home to the Thames Valley area from hospitals in other areas of the country
As resources are limited and are focussed on the patients with most need, there are eligibility criteria that must be met in order to access the service.
For more information, including eligibility criteria, accessing the service and contact details, please download the NEPTS Patient Leaflet.
Alternatively visit their website.