Sussex Place Branch Surgery will close on 25 January 2018, due to the expiry of the current lease. The Village Medical Centre, which provides services at the branch surgery, applied to NHS England for the closure and this has been approved with the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and the practice.
A number of meetings were held earlier this year for the patients and public organisations, which were well attended and gave registered patients and interested parties the opportunity to express their views
Dr Sulh on behalf of the practice said "It is with great sadness that we have had to close the Sussex Place site, as a result of its lease having expired and inability to find more suitable premises nearby. However, we will still continue to provide care for our patients from our site at The Village Medical Centre, Mercian Way, Cippenham, which will be expanded."
During the transition period and subsequent closure of the Sussex Close branch site, the agreed plan for registered patients is:
- Patients can access general practice services at the main site at The Village Medical Centre
- The Village Medial Centre will continue to offer appointments to accommodate patients needs. A number of additional early morning and evening appointments will be offered.
- Current registered patients will be encouraged to access The Village Medical Centre to access the full range of services there.
- A limited number of appointments will be available at The Bharani Medical Centre for patients who will find it difficult to travel to The Village Medical Centre. Patients will need to contact The Village Medical Centre to access these appointments.
- Patients who usually request repeat prescriptions from The Sussex Place Surgery by fax will no longer be able to do so following the closure and should use the fax number 01628 661907 for future requests.
- The onsite pharmacy is able to accept telephone requests for prescriptions as well as offering a FREE delivery service. To register for this service please contact The Village Pharmacy on 01628 663690 or alternatively by email at .
Alex Tilley, Associate Director of Primary Care at Slough CCG, said: “We are working with Dr Sulh and the practice to ensure patients are supported during this period to minimise any inconvenience this change may cause.
“We understand that some patients may be worried about these proposed changes, but we would like to reassure them that they will continue to receive high quality primary care services at the nearby Village Medical Centre. The CCG and Practice have worked together to expand services at the main surgery in Cippenham and the practice has also negotiated additional appointments for patients at the Bharani Medical Centre to support their affected patients.”
“The CCG is always disappointed to be in a position where a lease expires resulting in any branch surgery closure and we are now working with all general practices in East Berkshire to ensure the CCG is aware of current lease and premises ownership arrangements.”
To find out more about GP services in the Slough area please visit the NHS Choices website via www.nhs.uk. Alternatively, you can contact NHS England’s Customer Contact Centre on 0300 311 2233 for information on GP practices closest to where you live.
Notes to editors
For further enquires please contact the practice on 01628 660151.